Hawk's Edge
Student Email
Blackboard

Profile Update
Log Out

Student Leadership Opportunities 2014-15

Student Leadership offers HNU students a chance to explore interests, develop skills and new passions, gain leadership experience, improve communication and organizational abilities, and build an appreciation for the diverse community in which we live.

At the moment, we are not accepting applications for the Student Leadership positions. The application process will begin again in December. For now, you can review which Student Leadership positions will be available:

*For College Mentor applicants only – please submit cover letter, resume, and official transcripts directly to Yalie Kamara at kamara@hnu.edu.

Information Sessions

We will be holding three information sessions at which you can learn more details on all open positions. Staff will be on hand at these sessions to answer any questions you may have about the open positions.

• Thursday, December 5, 2013 – 4:30 PM in Hawk’s Nest
  • Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 12:30 pm in Brennan Lounge
  • Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 7:00 pm in Hawk’s Nest
  • Monday, January 27, 2014 - 12:30pm in Brennan Lounge

How to Apply

In order to apply for any of these positions, you must have:

Frequently Asked Questions

What class standing do I have to be to apply for these positions?

For the College Mentor, Student Orientation Intern, Peer Mentor, and Orientation Team Member positions, you must have sophomore standing for the next academic year to apply. For the Resident Assistant position, you must have junior standing (60 or more units completed) for the next academic year to apply.

Can I apply for more than one position?

Yes, you may apply for multiple positions by indicating so on the application. You must complete the applicable essay questions for each position applied for. In addition, if you apply for the Peer Mentor position, you must be enrolled in CALP 191.

What does the interview process entail?

The interview process consists of a group interview followed by an individual interview. Group interviews take place on Friday, February 7, 2014. Individual interviews take place during the dates of February 14-28, 2014. You must attend both parts of the interview process in order to be selected to a position.

When will I find out if I get selected for a position?

Every candidate will be notified regarding their status (selected or not) by Friday, March 21.

When is the application due by?

The application due date is Friday, January 31 by 5PM. You must have all application materials submitted by that point or your application will not be considered.

I don’t have a resume. Can someone help me create one?

Not a problem! You can go to Career Services in Brennan 40 and they can help you in creating one.

Timeline

December 5 – First info session (4:30PM)
December 5 – Applications available online
January 15 – Second info session (12:30PM)
January 21 – Third info session (7:00 PM)
January 27 – Fourth/final info session (12:30 PM)
January 31 – Applications Due
February 7 – Group Interviews
February 14-28 – Individual Interviews
March 21 – Offer letters sent out